Friday, June 20, 2014

Who Doesn't Love Mini's

Good Afternoon my quilty peeps! I am happy to share with all of you that I have entered a new phase in my quilting career... I have been following may pages and groups on Facebook and one of them is the MQX Page... One of my favorite people to follow is a gentleman by the name of Scott Murkin. A permanent judge for MQX (Machine Quilters Expo). He is one of the nicest people I have met. The first quilt I entered into the show was called Crossflower Boxes. A quilt I designed and wrote the pattern for. I have seen Scott create some beautiful blocks over the past few months and most recently he has been posting quilting blocks using the FPP method. For those who don't know FPP means Foundation Paper Piecing. Piecing using a foundation (in this case, paper) for stabilization and accuracy. Foundation piecing is also done with muslin or stabilizer foundation.

There are many videos on how to master FPP, so check out YouTube...

Here is a photo of the original Crossflower Boxes which is 43" x43":

 
 Tomorrow the FPP begins and I can only imagine how hard those tiny little yellow and white & green and white HST's will be to sew... We must remember that the needle size and stitch size is key here...
 
I have decided to take this quilt and created it as a mini and shrinking it to a 17" x 17" a challenge yes. However if Scott Murkin can do this I guess I can sure give it the ole' college try... I did alter it a wee bit, however it basically the same...  I have some photo's of Scott's marvelous creation to share with you... He is uber talented and I hope I can come close to the perfection that he has accomplished..

How freaking crazy is this! Holy crapoid!!!!
 
Tiny isn't the word I would use for this!
 
Tiny winy is exactly what this is!!!
 
 And check out this magnificent work of art... I can only hope I can make my quilt as good as this... Fingers crossed my friends. I will need a miracle to pull this off..
 And if that isn't enough, here is another project he is working on. The only thing I can say is "INTERVENTION"!!!!!!!!!!!!!



This is the back of the block. Look how little the stitches are...  I sure hope you enjoyed this post and the original quilt pattern is available for sale all you have to do is comment here and let me know if you are interested in wanting my Crossflower Boxes...

2 comments:

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love the colors you chose for the mini. Can't wait to see it all made!!

Anonymous said...

I got this web page from my pal who told me about this
site and now this time I am browsing this site and reading very informative
posts here.

Also visit my web page ... ตู้คอนเทนเนอร์