Friday, June 6, 2014

My Trip to Bar Harbor

How could I go away to Bar Harbor and not share photos. I decided a few months back that my husband and I both needed desperately to get away... The work load for both of us has gotten total ridiculous. So with that said I sought some help and then the trip to Bar Harbor was booked. I gave my husband a trip away to the Acadia Birding Festival and this was a trip that wasn't going to be successful unless we found fabric/quilt shops.. So last week we took off for Maine... Such a beautiful state.. So here is where you will see the photos... Hope you all like. And I must confess I did act a bit crazy while I was there... So let us begin the journey I had in Maine with my husband who took all the photos and didn't pose for one of them even when asked...

Our Hotel very nice pretty and just very relaxing...
 

 Outside the balcony of our room, I named this deer Fred! He was kinda shy but stood still long enough for me to take his picture.
 

 I just couldn't resist taking a photo of this Moose down the road from our hotel.

 So what's a trip to Maine if you as a quilter didn't go to a few quilt shops.. I just totally couldn't resist. The ladies in this quilt shop were such a hoot.. They were helpful and made me laugh...

 And this quilt shop the ladies were right on top of their A game when it came to finding what I needed...
 
 
Here are some photos of the Azalea Garden we visited. Some of  the most beautiful flower bushes I have seen.



 The boat pier outside our room where you could take boat tours of the harbor.
 


 
Downtown Bar Harbor:
 


 
 


 Who the hell put that moose on top of that building? The Moose lights up at night time... Very kool indeed!!!
 
 
 I think I had better get off the cannon before they set it off, just joking...
 
 
Love the little shops that they have here. They are quaint and the people are also quaint...


 
Kookiest thing ever and they really do let you ride this dragon OMG!!! Funnest part of the day...

 Who would of thunk it a Rexall Pharmacy and it was closed however I peaked in the window and yep it was set up in the same way they did way back in the day... Of course this was way before my time. Wink Wink!!

 And last but not least what a fitting way to support those Gold Star Families by putting a sign up on the highway, wish they did that here in Massachusetts... 




 


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sally the pics are wonderful.. loved the wire chairs!!